Legislation requires that we publish information regarding data privacy.
HoECC Data Privacy Statement
Heart of England Cycling Club requires members to provide their personal information so that members may be kept informed about events and activities that the club offers and for the general management of the club. Members are also required to provide emergency contact details.
In collecting members’ personal details and emergency contacts, Heart of England Cycling Club will:
• Endeavour to store personal date securely.
• Use personal information to communicate with Heart of England Cycling Club members.
• Share personal information when appropriate with the third parties that may assist us in club management and activities.
The personal date we collect, how we store it, how we update it and who we share it with, is detailed within our Data Privacy Notice.
Data Privacy Notice
This document provides you with information about how we are handling, or are intending to handle, your personal information:
Collection of personal data
Heart of England Cycling Club may collect and/or create or otherwise obtain and process the following data about you:
• Information about you that you provide by filling in forms while registering for membership, activities and making purchases on our website.
Recipients of personal data
We will share information about you with some of our suppliers who process data on our behalf to help us to provide services to you. We undertake this data sharing on the basis of our legitimate interests.
Categories of organisation and purpose
• Database hosting companies - to host Heart of England Cycling Club digital platforms (e.g. website & forum) and associated customer databases to enable customers to log in and interact with the website
• Email broadcasting companies - to send emails to our members
• Social media companies (e.g. Facebook/Twitter) - to provide you with relevant social media posts
• Heart of England Cycling Club event organisers, ride leaders and officials - to enable event organisers, ride leaders and officials to manage Heart of England Cycling Club registered activities and communicate with participants and appointed volunteers.
Data retention period
We will hold information about you in our data systems only for as long as we need it for the purpose for which we collected it, which is as follows:
• As long as you continue to log into our digital platforms or use our services (including engaging with emails, entering cycling events, making purchases, using our social media or downloading content) we will retain and process information about you. In such cases, you will be considered to be an ‘active’. If you have not been ‘active’ for a period of three years, Heart of England Cycling Club will deactivate your customer account and anonymise any personal data relating to you.
The data subject’s rights
Data protection laws grant you, as a Data Subject, certain ‘information rights’, which are summarised below:
• Right of access - You have the right to obtain a copy of information we hold about you
• Right of rectification or erasure - If you feel that any data that we hold about you is inaccurate, you have the right to ask us to correct or rectify it. You also have a right to ask us to erase information about you where you can demonstrate that the data we hold is no longer needed by us, or if you withdraw the consent upon which our processing is based, or if you feel that we are unlawfully processing your data. Please note that we may be entitled to retain your personal data despite your request, for example if we are under a separate legal obligation to retain it. Your right of rectification and erasure extends to anyone we have disclosed your personal information to and we will take all reasonable steps to inform those with whom we have shared their data about your request for erasure.
• Right to restriction of processing - You have a right to request that we refrain from processing your data where you contest its accuracy, or the processing is unlawful and you have opposed its erasure, or where we do not need to hold your data any longer but you need us to in order to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims, or we are in dispute about the legality of our processing your personal data.
• Right to Portability - You have a right to receive any personal data that you have provided to us in order to transfer it onto another data controller where the processing is based on consent and is carried out by automated means. This is called a data portability request.
• Right to Object - You have a right to object to our processing your personal data where the basis of the processing is our legitimate interests including but not limited to direct marketing and profiling.
• Right to Withdraw Consent - You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data where the processing is based on consent.
• Right of Complaint - You also have the right to lodge a complaint about any aspect of how we are handling your data with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, which can be contacted at www.ico.org.uk.
• Right to Opt-out of Marketing Communications - You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send to you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Any changes we may make to our Data Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by date-stamped communication.
How to contact us